Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in Butler and Chicora, PA
We offer emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don't try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Please call our Butler office at 724-283-8144 and Chicora office at 724-445-3901 for further instructions. Use your best judgment. If you feel your vision issue is urgent, do not delay treatment - visit your nearest emergency treatment center.
Eye Safety - Safety Eyewear - Eye Injury Prevention
This short video stresses the importance of knowing the hazards at home and in the workplace regarding your eyes. In this video, we review a few actual incidents where people lost part or all of their vision, along with one whose vision was saved by safety eyewear.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- New or worsening swelling or pain after eye surgery
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
A contact lens exam at Butler Eye Care LLC & Chicora Eye Care will include both a comprehensive eye exam to check your overall eye health.